Change

Photo by Tom Van

















The nature of this blog is going to change a bit.  I'll still share my sermons and other devotionals, but I'm also going to use this blog to journal my thoughts, feelings and prayers as a new widow.

On June 27, my husband and life partner, Tom, at the age of 65, died unexpectedly from a heart attack.  Our promise to each other was "no matter what, until death do us part."  I never thought that that death would part us so soon, too soon.  Twenty, thirty years from now, yes, but not now.  Not now.

 Good Shepherd,
You never promised
there would only be
still waters and green pastures.
Like marriage,
life is for better or for worse.
But how could I be prepared
for the very worst to happen?
And now, I find muself
in the darkest valley of loss
I have ever seen as
You lead me to the foreign land
called widowhood.
I feel weak and lost,
wandering from room to room.
I don't want to believe he's gone.
I don't want to bear this truth.
The only truth I have
the strength for is this:
You are with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTIANS AND COFFEE BEANS

OATHS -- GONE WITH THE WIND?

JUST BECAUSE I'M A LIBERAL ...