Update

Sorry I have been gone for such a long time.  I had surgery in June, and I'm just getting back to work including blogging.

During that time, Blondie, our oldest cat, died.  Blondie was the first cat we had that I did not treat like a surrogate human child.  She was a creature that God sent to share my life with and was under my care.  I allowed her to be a cat, to do cat things and didn't feed her human food.  I respected what she was and adapted where needed.  It resulted in the best pet experience my husband and I have ever had.

St. Ignatius and John Wesley both wrote about how God expresses His love and grace toward us through all aspects of creation.  Pets are part of that blessing.

So, we gave thanks to God for the gift of the years of companionship we had with her, acknowledging that before she was ours she was God's creature.  We committed her body back to the earth and her life-energy into God's creation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRISTIANS AND COFFEE BEANS

OATHS -- GONE WITH THE WIND?

JUST BECAUSE I'M A LIBERAL ...